With the New Year fast approaching, it’s the perfect time to assess where you are in your life journey and where you want to go. A vision board is an excellent tool to help you visualize where you want to go.
By definition, a vision board is a tool to help you achieve what is most important to you. It’s a collage of images, pictures, quotes, stickers, etc., that represent your vision for your best life. It’s a reminder of what truly matters to you, and incorporates your deepest desires.
Why do vision boards work?
1) They are empowering.
2) They are great visual reminders of your best life. Visualization is one of the most powerful mind workouts. When you visualize in detail what you want, your brain starts to believe it’s possible. Your beliefs propel your behavior which impacts your actions.
4) They make you think about what you really want in life.
5) They motivate you when you face setbacks, and help you get unstuck.
6) They are fun.
Vision boards work when they are readily visible. Putting your vision board in a drawer for occasional review, will not work. They must be viewed multiple times throughout the day. Consider your vision board as a visual roadmap to your best self.
Here’s what you’ll need to create your vision board:
1) Posterboard or thick construction paper
3) Glue stick
5) Your favorite quotes – pull from internet or Pinterest (print in color)
6) Stickers, ribbon, embellishments
Allow yourself plenty of time to create your vision board. It doesn’t have to be completed in one sitting. Walk away from it periodically.